Airport Dimensions Opens New Lounge at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
The Club MSY offers travelers with any airline a space to relax, replenish and refresh in
The Big Easy through the lounge’s signature zones.
Airport Dimensions, the award-winning market leader in premium shared-use lounges and local New Orleans partner, JCM Management Group, today announced the opening of The Club MSY in the Louis Armstrong International Airport. This is Airport Dimensions’ 24th shared-use lounge globally that provides travelers a place to replenish or stay productive and connected before and between flights.
The Club MSY is designed to accommodate travelers’ individual needs by supplying them with a range of amenities and conveniences. Complementing the sleek and striking design of the new airport terminal and the natural light from the concourse below, The Club MSY features an environment that honors the vibrant culture of New Orleans in a sophisticated and understated manner. Throughout the lounge, unique decorative fixtures and furnishings give a sense of place of the region. Giving a nod to the rich history of jazz, the bar is designed in the shape of a saxophone, welcoming guests that wish to enjoy a premium wine, beer or signature cocktail.
In addition, an illuminated deconstructed hand-blown crystal chandelier designed and created uniquely for the club by local artist and fourth generation craftsman, Erikdavid Kraemer, serves as the focal point for the space. The Club MSY also features stunning photography by award-winning photographer David Spielman, captivating artwork by Ayo Scott, unique New Orleans-inspired cuisine created by Chef John Folse, and a selection of cocktails and spirits curated by mixologist Kathy Casey.
Erikdavid Kraemer comes from a long line of artisans where working with their hands is second nature. First learning how to make stringed instruments with his luthier father, Erikdavid later turned to fine metal and woodworking. Combining his building skills with the visions from creative partner and wife, designer Alyssa Jayne Kraemer brings beautiful pieces to fruition.
The spellbinding photography of David Spielman is collected and shown throughout the world. His very personal view of New Orleans is evident throughout his photography as well as his lectures and presentations about his work. Looking through a camera lens at age 15 instantly gave his life meaning and direction as he knew he was going to become a photographer. David’s ability to see, feel, and think differently than most shines through his images. The camera, he says, is an extension of his eyes and mind, making him simply an observer traveling through time to capture events and emotions. Half of the collection in the club will be featured in David’s new book published spring of this year.
Visual artist Ayo Scott is a New Orleans native whose art is focused on celebrating the defenders of the spirit of New Orleans. Ayo’s subjects range from the city’s most iconic figures to its everyday, unsung heroes. His recent work is more abstract and representational displaying an energetic and, at times chaotic, expressionist/impressionistic movement. Ayo uses watery acrylic paints and other media to create texture and visual blending through the use of transparent colors. A staunch advocate of his hometown, Ayo’s work transcends the canvas including a New Orleans themed apparel line as well as his collaborative piece “Pass It On” open mic, curated around the shared experiences and expressions of the art community and the citizens of New Orleans.
For many, Chef John Folse needs no introduction. Chef Folse will bring his “taste of Louisiana” to the club. He learned early on that the secrets of Cajun cooking lay in the unique ingredients of Louisiana’s swamp floor pantry. Chef Folse is the recent recipient of the Ella Brennan Lifetime Achievement Award for 2019.
Nancy Knipp, President of Airport Dimensions Americas, is delighted to have such incredible talent contributing to The Club MSY. “Following an exciting year of global expansion, we are excited to kick off 2020 with the opening of our twenty-fourth airport lounge, The Club MSY,” she states. “The Club MSY will provide all passengers traveling through ‘The Big Easy’ with a premium lounge experience, regardless of their airline or class of ticket. Our tagline is ‘Spaces Well Built. Time Well Spent.’ and The Club MSY is a perfect example of our continued commitment to these values.”
Crystal McDonald, Founder and CEO of JCM Management Group and joint venture partner for The Club MSY, shared, "I am thrilled for the opportunity to partner with Airport Dimensions to bring an authentic New Orleans shared-use lounge experience to travelers at the Louis Armstrong International airport. A lot of hard work was poured into the development of this lounge. I am proud and grateful to contribute to this exciting and unique project." McDonald will bring her expertise in staffing and locating hospitality talent to the Club.
At over 4,700 square feet, The Club MSY offers a variety of hospitality zones to accommodate and anticipate the needs of every traveler, whether a frequent user of the club network or a day-pass visitor. The Club MSY offers a variety of unique experiences throughout six distinct zones:
- A Productivity Zone features a desk height counter overlooking the airport concourse. Business travelers in need of a workspace will enjoy an abundance of power and USB outlets, and ergonomic task chairs.
- A Relax Zone serves as a space for guests looking to recharge during their travels. Guests can catch up on the news or watch a sporting event on multiple monitors. Those looking to conduct a quiet phone call or read can take advantage of The Club’s tall “privacy” chairs.
- A Rest Zone offers lower ambient light and quiet area, with comfortable lounge chairs and ottomans for guests looking to kick up their feet and catch up on a good book
- A Replenish Zone features an all-inclusive dining area with banquette seating and tables, and a hot and cold buffet. Guests can enjoy the rich, soulful tastes of the bayou thanks to The Club’s chef partner, Chef John Folse. Indulge in local New Orleans cuisine, such as: Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, famed Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Chef’s prized Bread and Butter Pudding.
- The Bar provides a higher energy space to serve as the perfect setting for a Sazerac crafted with Herbsaint. Guests can enjoy the tastes of New Orleans through artfully crafted cocktails like the “Big Easy Margarita” along with an extensive wine and beer list. The signature cocktail menu has been developed exclusively for The Club by celebrated mixologist Kathy Casey, owner of The Liquid Kitchen. Guests looking for non-alcoholic options can order from a selection of sodas, teas and coffee. The Club’s “Hydration Station” offers thirst-quenching, healthful fruit- and herb-infused waters, along with the Vivreau® Tap which provides chilled still and sparkling water, as well as hot water for a cup of tea. Throughout the year The Club MSY bar will feature the sounds of the local music scene with featured guest entertainers.
- A Refresh Zone offers four well-appointed private restrooms, offering spa-inspired amenities, along with shower suite featuring a “rain shower” head for guests to wishing to refresh.
“We are thrilled to celebrate the opening of The Club MSY— another exciting amenity available to all passengers travelling through MSY regardless of airline,” said Kevin Dolliole, Director of Aviation at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. “I encourage passengers to take advantage of this relaxing space where you can comfortably experience New Orleans cuisine and hospitality while you wait for your flight.”
Giving Back to the Environment and Community
The Club MSY gives back to the environment through the lounge’s 100% plastic-less service with the removal of all plastic drink stirrers and straws, replacing them with natural bamboo and compostable options. As part of Airport Dimensions’ “Pours with a Purpose” program, a portion of all wine purchases at the club is donated to a variety of charities that help fight hunger in the U.S., support veterans’ initiatives and raise funds to support ovarian cancer screening.
The Club MSY opens to guests on January 30th and is located on the third level of concourse A and is available to Priority Pass’ membership along with LoungeKey and Lounge Club, which represents a vast number of credit cards, banks and other financial institutions. The lounge is also available to all travelers looking for a complete hospitality experience through the purchase of a day pass online or at the lounge for $40. The Club also participates in the AAA Members Discount and Rewards Program. The lounge is open daily from 4:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. CT.
For more information, visit: http://www.theclubairportlounges.com.